Jul 10, 2017

Fruit Pizza - Easy Summer Dessert!

I was looking for the perfect fruit pizza, one I could serve at a summer bridal shower, birthday party or afternoon tea. If I had to make the crust from scratch using butter and flour and sugar and all the rest, and then whip up a big batch of homemade icing using powdered sugar, vanilla, more butter and milk - I wouldn't have the energy to make the chicken salad sandwiches or greet my guests. That's why I love this easy fruit pizza by Sunshine Crawford that you can customize with your own favorite summer fruits like the blueberries, kiwi and freshly sliced strawberries shown below.

Fruit Pizza Recipe

  • 1 packaged sugar cookie mix (I like Betty Crocker)
  • 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Prepare sugar cookie mix as directed and spread evenly on a slightly greased pizza pan.
3.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until crust is slightly brown around the outside.
4.  Beat softened cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
5.  Spread evenly on cooled cookie crust.
6.  Rinse fruit and let dry.
7.  Arrange fruit on top of cream cheese layer - starting on the outside in a circular pattern.

 
Don't Miss!

No comments: